• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Every other weekend issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

whyme0629

Help! I need to know what exactly is it meant of every other weekend. Is it Friday thru Sunday? Or does it mean every Saturday thru Sunday? The NCP wants more time and my daughter is only 3. Right now he has her every Friday night.

L

LadyBlu

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by whyme0629:
Help! I need to know what exactly is it meant of every other weekend. Is it Friday thru Sunday? Or does it mean every Saturday thru Sunday? The NCP wants more time and my daughter is only 3. Right now he has her every Friday night. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most visitation orders will specify, ex: first third and fifth friday from 6pm thru sunday at 6pm... is this the visitation agreement you and the ex came up with? was every other weekend?
If it just says every other weekend, I would assume it to mean either the 2nd and 4th, or 1st, 3rd and 5th weekends..

N

navywife_tx

If i am correct a weekend would be from say 6pm Friday to 6pm on Sunday.

U

Ukiah

I pick my daughter up from school (less conflict with father) every 1st and 3rd friday and used to drop her off at school on Monday, until I moved, now I drop her off on Sunday between 5-6pm.

W

whyme0629

Thanks for all the responses, i needed clarification before i go back to court. He has her now every Friday night and i think it works out better for our 3 yr old than every other weekend. i hope he doesnt take me back to court for every other weekend. I will miss her way too much for that! Atleast i hope he waits until she is alittle older!

P

partyofsix26

It's situations like this that I wish the courts were'nt involved.
Why can't a NCP have unlimited time with their child/children.
I'm only venting here, sorry, but I wish that CP stop being so selfish and think of their kids first instead of their pride.
:(

------------------
partyofsix26

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">