• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-Wife plans our weekend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tiredstepmom

My husbands ex always has a list of places that the children have to go all weekend. I understand about school activities and stuff like that, but all the "extra stuff" is a little ridiculous. I know this sounds kind of selfish on my part, but we can never make plans on the weekends we have our kids. Both of us have been divorced and have kids from previous marriages and we both have our kids on the same weekend. I have mine all the time except every other weekend and I like doing things with them on the weekend. Since school started you can't get much in during the week. But you can't really plant to go out of town or do anything on the weekend because of "the list". Any suggestions?

LegalBeagle

Is there court ordered visitation ? Does this give you visitation during set weekends ? If so, she is in comtempt and I suggest you start enforcing the visitation.

MySonsMom

LegalBeagle: I think she is saying that there is set weekend visitation but the bio Mom gives THEM a list of where the children need to go and times..and step Mom and Dad have been doing it..Now they are tired of it (as anyone would be) and want it to stop. I suggest writing the bio Mom a letter and requesting that this be stopped and let her know that is your time with the kids and you will start making your own plans. Good luck!

------------------
~MySonsMom~

T

tiredstepmom

Yes there is a court order stating visitation every other weekend. She has no problem letting him get them on these weekends. It's just that she has everything already planned. You have to run them here, run them there, etc. Like I said I understand school functions and things like that.

LegalBeagle

In that case then you need to either,

Do as she says so as to keep peace.. or

Inform her that she has no right to infring on your visitation time and that future visitations will be your time with the children and you will do your own things. If she disagrees or refused visitation then she is in comtempt of the court order and you can file an order to show cause with the court.

T

tiredstepmom

There is no peace as it is anyway. So would you do the sedond suggestion?

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tiredstepmom:
There is no peace as it is anyway. So would you do the sedond suggestion?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First of all.. write her a letter. Ensure she signs for it. Make sure the letter states that the visitation you have is YOUR time and it is up to you what activities you do. State, in a nice way, that if she does not comply you will have no choice but to initiate legal action for an order to show cause.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">