• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-Wife Sueing Over Medical Bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Ladyanne

Hello, I really hope someone out there can help me. My husband and I are in a frustrating situation.. My husband pays child support for his two children and also (per court order) pays for their health insurance. When this agreement came into effect, his ex-wife had no insurance but subsequently got a fabulous job a few months later which pays $48,000 a year (when she chooses to work). My husband does not even make half this amount in a year. My husband's plan is an HMO which states you must choos a primary care physician and he/she must make any referrals. Our problem is that my husband's ex-wife will not follow the rules. She takes the children to a primary care provider not on the approved list and, of course, nothing is covered by my husband's insurance since she will not follow their rules. She preferred to use her insurance (even though she had none when the custody agreement came into effect). Now, she is taking my husband to court for medical bills which she tried to use her insurance for but they would not pay, and she is trying to dump them back on my husband. Her attorney has charged that my husband is in contempt of court...What is the likelihood that she will win ??? If she does, she is going to just keep doing this kind of stuff to us and will bankrupt us..??? Please, anyone, advice if you can...Thank you..I forgot to mention, we live in Ohio......

[Edited by Ladyanne on 11-20-2000 at 11:29 AM]

C

cat2young

need state please?? I would think she should be solely responsible if he had insurance for them and she choose not to use it. She probably also had to sign something to that effect at the time of care. You may also be able to revisit the support issues if her income has gone up signifcantly. but without a state you will not get many other responses

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">