• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False alarm....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jenifa

I hate that phrase, especially that I really thought this was it. I have to get to sleep. I have been up since 1:30 a.m. I know you all would be alarmed, so I wanted to ease your worries. They gave me non-narcotic sleep aids because the contractions are pretty consistent, but they aren't intense enough to be considered labor, and I am not dilated.

I'm sorry...she was a no-show. Maybe soon though? I hope!

I will check in later on this evening as long as I get some ZZzzz's. I hope everyone's having a better day than me.

Jenifa

L

LadyBlu

I am soo happy to hear you are doing alright Jenifa... and dont worry she will be here before you know it.. and just think of all the joy you are going to have holding her in your arms and rocking her and loving her.
I love babies soo much, the smell, the feeding, the crying.. the dirty diapers even..
I wish they could just stay small a little longer, seems they grow so fast then you wonder where you were while they were growing up..
ahhhhhh, I need to get a dose of my new neice soon... or else get a volunteer position somewhere so I can sit and cuddle and rock babies all day.. *S*

N

navywife_tx

Hey LadyBlu, don't forget that i have a 1yr old that you are more than welcome to come hold and change..lol.. Well Jenifa, all i can say is that once the water breaks, you will know that that beautiful baby girl will be making her entrance soon. My contractions were easy until that water broke...omg..IT WAS ON then..lol..One little piece of advice for ya, GET THE EPIDURAL!!!!!!

LegalBeagle

My wife coughed, water broke and 34 hours later little'un was born. No Epidural or any pain medication. She did a great job.. The down side to a home birth is the mess afterwards :)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LegalBeagle:
My wife coughed, water broke and 34 hours later little'un was born. No Epidural or any pain medication. She did a great job.. The down side to a home birth is the mess afterwards :) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Well, geez, LB!

You're not supposed to give birth on the living room carpet!

You see, this is why every person in the country should have, at least, a Dough Boy swimming pool in their backyards. No muss, no fuss. Just have baby, drain the water, refill.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

T

Tigres

Jenifa Babe, next time you think it might be it. Stay home! lol

No, I don't mean forever. If you want a hospital birth you will need to go EVENTUALLY. But studies have shown the longer you stay home during labour, the less likely you are to have all sorts of icky interventions (like Csec).

Basically for 2 reasons.

1) You are more relaxed at home so less likely to need pain relief (which no matter how safe it is, still carries additional risk of complications). If your water is broken, you are also less likely to develop an infection as you have already been exposed to all the germs and stuff floating around in your own home.

2)The longer you are at the hospital, the more likely you are to be put through unnecessary procedures.

Good luck!

I'm working on a place for the on line shower by the way. Are you sending me pink, blue or an entirely different coloUr vibes? :)

Tig

------------------
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>
I am not a lawyer. Any information relayed is merely my own experience or research.

"PRINCESS, HAVING HAD SUFFICIENT EXPERIENCE WITH PRINCES, SEEKS FROG."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE:
My response:

Well, geez, LB!

You're not supposed to give birth on the living room carpet!

You see, this is why every person in the country should have, at least, a Dough Boy swimming pool in their backyards. No muss, no fuss. Just have baby, drain the water, refill.

IAAL
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bedroom actually.. We did think about a water birth but it was January and we are not in CA or FL !

T

Tigres

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/shower4jenifa

This site will have the added benefit that if someone isn't welcome, they can be deleted. I've left it listed so everyone can get in and will make it unlisted later. People will still be able to be invited but random trollers won't be able to view messages.

If everyone finds this acceptable, I propose we move the shower plans here?

Tig

P.S. Until Jenifa tells me what coloUrs, I'm leaving it the way it is! :)

L

LadyBlu

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tigres:
Jenifa Babe, next time you think it might be it. Stay home! lol

No, I don't mean forever. If you want a hospital birth you will need to go EVENTUALLY. But studies have shown the longer you stay home during labour, the less likely you are to have all sorts of icky interventions (like Csec).

Basically for 2 reasons.

1) You are more relaxed at home so less likely to need pain relief (which no matter how safe it is, still carries additional risk of complications). If your water is broken, you are also less likely to develop an infection as you have already been exposed to all the germs and stuff floating around in your own home.

2)The longer you are at the hospital, the more likely you are to be put through unnecessary procedures.

Good luck!

I'm working on a place for the on line shower by the way. Are you sending me pink, blue or an entirely different coloUr vibes? :)

Tig

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree 100% with Tig on waiting at home... my first one(well with all three actually) water broke and no pains... the oldest they took me to the hospital and made me walk to start my labor... I walked from 4:30pm Oct 31st to 8:00am Nov 1st... he finally decided to Grace us with his Presence at 9:30am... *S* I was too tired to fight the matter any longer by that time.. the other two were easier... thanks to that little thing they call a pit drip.... and all three were natural.. I want three more.. NOT!! I decided the only way I would have another is if it stayed an infant for at least 3yrs.. lol, since that wont be happening I wont be having any....

Navy, anytime that baby needs a break from her momma...lol, send her my way.. I can sure spoil her then send her back .....

T

Tigres

Yeah Jenifa,

Haul your pregnant body over to the computer and give us some more info! *s*

Tig

L

LadyBlu

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tigres:
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/shower4jenifa

This site will have the added benefit that if someone isn't welcome, they can be deleted. I've left it listed so everyone can get in and will make it unlisted later. People will still be able to be invited but random trollers won't be able to view messages.

If everyone finds this acceptable, I propose we move the shower plans here?

Tig

P.S. Until Jenifa tells me what coloUrs, I'm leaving it the way it is! :)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tig:
If you and MSM and USMC would like to make the arrangements I am all for it... I am having some problems getting comfortable sitting at the moment... and anything past 30 minutes may result in me NOT being able to stand up at all... lol, and my kids laugh at me too much when that happens... the easing myself onto the floor and crawling to the coffee table isnt fun.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">