• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fathers rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jakesmom

it seems that everyone in these boards and the court system are all for fathers rights no matter what they do,no matter what I post you always on the fathers side even though he didnt see him for his whole 3yrs until a few months ago, if a mother did that they`d get her for abandonment, I want to know what the father has to do before the courts rethink his rights to his child,

LegalBeagle

The courts also believe in mothers rights.. first and foremost is the best interest of the child.. even if a father or mother disappears for 2-3 years, is it always in the best interest of the child to be denied their right to a relationship with that parent ?.

If you have spent any time on this board you would see that it is not as one sided as you claim.

D

dufresne

most people talk about father's rights because most father's rights are overlooked. Generally, it's assumed that the mother is good and the father is bad, but I assure you that this is not always the case. In your situation, be grateful that you have this child all to yourself. Most of us share our children and dream of having him/her all to ourselves to raise. Not to be negative, but you had the child with this father so you now have to make the best of it. No matter what the courts say, eventually your child will learn the truth about who loved him and who cared for him. That's when you'll reap the benefits from all of this. Be patient. Time allows everything in life to come full circle, I guarantee you.

------------------
frustrated step-mom

J

jakesmom

sorry but im a little disapointed in the system,up intil now ive been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt that he has changed, but he still lies to me constantly and now his live in has been busted for possession with the intent to sell crack,he got nothing because he wasnt with her at the time,he swore to me that he was clean now,I hate that I have to let my son go into this envirement he said he didnt know I dont believe him,this is the exact reason I left him for in the first place I wanted better for my son and now I have to let him go with him anyway

R

rbhudd

Jakesmom,
I do feel for you, I've had custody of my eldest daugther since she was 4 months old her mother pops in every couple of years to see her. I no its hard on you. But belive me it's ten times harder for the child. Her mom was a drunk and into drugs. I know this is not very cumforting but the last time we went to court they said I have to make her go. Sure there are laws for abandoment. But that was here mother no matter how bad they look to you. The child just sees a parent. Unless they would subject them to their lifestyle directly or absue them in some way. I don't know if you could ever change it. Again I'm sorry and I wish you the best. I'm not a lawyer, but sympathetic

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">