• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Feeling Alone & getting mixed messages...help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rphall

Hi -
I am receiving mixed messages about my situation. Which is basically, Mom (that is me) and daughter live in Vermont. Mom and dad have joint custody. Dad use to live in New Hampshire - but has now moved to Ohio. Mom and Dad tried to Mediate - Dad walked out. Communication between Mom and Dad is not good. Mom would like Physical Custody at least if not legal custody. I am receiving remarks(like the one I got recently)"I don't have a prayer" - to - "Oh you will have no problem"...What are your thoughts??? I have a status meeting on the 13th of September and I considering getting a lawyer????...Do you think this situation is in need of a lawyer to be present or just for advisement???? - I do appreciate responses - Thank You...

LegalBeagle

I presume you already have physical custody with joint custody and you want sole custody ??

Custody is only changed if there has been substaintial change of circumstances. What are the circumstances that have changed between the last court order for custody and today ?

R

rphall

Dear Legal B:

The circumstances are that I have joint custody. What has changed is that the father has moved to Ohio - he has also got a full time (good job). I do not have physical custody - I have joint custody - I don't even have child support. I am looking at getting sole custody - at least physical custody (and child support when custody figured out). As I mentioned I also desire this because the father does not commmunicate - He walked out of mediation and I have given every chance to communicate...I don't hassle him - he is just passive-aggressive. Any way, that is the other part that concerns me - as to wanting custody.

Thanks - please reply...

LegalBeagle

I do not understand.. you say you do not have physical custody but the child is with you ?? Does the child also reside with the father part of the year ?

R

rphall

Legal B:

Thanks again for replying - our daughter will be with him during the summer and a couple of times during the year. I calculate it to be about 10 - 11 weeks out of the year.

Please reply...

Robin

R

rphall

Legal B:

Thanks again for replying - our daughter will be with him during the summer and a couple of times during the year. I calculate it to be about 10 - 11 weeks out of the year.

Please reply...

Robin

M

Madeline

I am in the same boat as you. It is scary. After 5 years of primary custody...and divorce, I announce my marriage and my x files for custody. I have a trial in Sept. Do you think it is jealousy?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">