• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Flying

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JT111

My daughter lives outside of Washington, DC, I live in Atlanta. My ex is the custodial parent and we share joint custody. My daughter is about to turn 7 and I would like her to start flying by herself, I have always either gone north to visit her or flown roundtrip on both legs of her trip. My ex will not even consider it. Is it unreasonable for me to ask considering the airlines have you pay a special fee and provide extra attention?
Appreciate any advice I can get!
JT

U

usdeeper

Legally, you will not be able to force the CP to put a 7 year old child on a plane even if there are people at both ends. Personally, I would not want my child on their own until they at 12.

Who moved from the home state ?. If the home state is DC and you moved away, then you have little, if any, chance of legally forcing this issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">