• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced to accept health insurance?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Waldo

My son's father was ordered to provide health ins. through his employer, and he did. Now he is dropping his ins., he was recently married and goes through her ins.
If you've read my other posts, my son is not allowed to have anything to do with this woman. I can not accept this ins., and can provide ins. myself. But since his order said he must provide ins. through his employer, is that still valid? If you knew the story, you would know I am not being petty! I can't afford more ins., but I'd rather do that than make my son lower himself. His father has done that from day one, I won't do it to him. Thank you

U

usdeeper

Providing your ex is continuing to provide health insurance to your son, then there is not much you can do. Even if the order is staying through his employer, it would not be enough to take him to court if he is currently providing insurance via other means.

Also, just because the insurance is through your ex's wife employer does not mean you have anything to do with her. You do not need to ask permission or anything when you want to use medical services.

If he is currently not providing ANY health insurance to your son, then that is a different matter..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">