• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Friend signed legal rights to son,sober 2 years and wants to be part of sons life

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shred60

I have a guy I sponser in AA that signed his legal rights to his son away, at the time he was drinking. What can be done legally to get back into the childs life.Can he call or send cards etc... or would he be in trouble with court if he does that? I have never been in this posistion so I do not know what to tell him. Thankyou all in advance for any advice given.

MySonsMom

I believe it will be up to the parents of this child whether this man can have any contact with the child. I would suggest him contacting the parents, then go from there. Word of advice, suggest to him that he doesn't come on too strong at first, it may help him. The parents of this child is just that, the childs parents. If he comes on too strong, they may get defensive of their child and withdraw from him and any contact. Good luck!

------------------
~MySonsMom~

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">