• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gaining custody of kids without revealing place of residence..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Torin

..to abusive husband. Can it be done? I have a friend who is married with children and has an abusive husband, and would like to get away from him, but fears that he will come after her, and that she cant just legally leave with the kids, without a custodial battle. Is there any way to win custody in court without him finding out where she is staying/planning to? Thank you in advance..
Torin

U

usdeeper

If she is in a dangerous situation then she can up, leave and run... once she is settled somewhere go straight to the court and get a restaining order. Ensure that she is very specific of the abuse. If she has proof then she will be ok.. if not, well, it may be harder but not impossible.

I do not know the specific answer to your question as I believe that all parties have a right to all information especially that which is being used in court. However, that is step two.. first step is to get away from him and get a r/o

Then, call around a few local attornies ask them how to proceed.

------------------
:) SMILE - Start Making It Livable for Everyone

Divorce is a process over which children have no control. Children should not be its victims.
When parents are under stress, it is harder to be in touch with their children's pain and anguish.
It takes time, effort, and planning on the part of the parents to be able to provide for the children's needs.
In the crisis of divorce, parents may put their children on hold while they attend to adult problems first.
Sometimes separating/divorced parents find that their roles and expectations are undefined and cloudy.
If handled properly, divorce need not be devastating for children.

MySonsMom

I remember reading somewhere that you could use your attorneys address as yours if you do not want to reveal your address and you feel you may be in danger...I'm not positive tho when kids are involved.. Good luck!

------------------
~MySonsMom~

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">