• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Going Back To Court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cpena26

While trying to divorce my exhusband we went through horrible custody battles in court. We had benn separated for almost a yr. When we separtated I took my son back home to Texas. My mom helped out,but he refused to send his son who was 2 at the time any money.So, after 4 months of trying to make it and failing,Iasked husband to keep our son till I could get on my feet. While working on getting my own place and a car, I met a wonderful man andfell in love. I moved in the house he shared with his elderly mother. When i told my husband that I had a place and I had a steady job he drove down and dropped off our son.He did not know I was living w/ my boyfriend. My boyfiend gave me the money to take my ex to court toget a divorce. Soon my ex found out i was living w/ someone. When he did we went to court,he wanted to take my son away from me. He tried to get the judge here in Texas to say I had to resolve this in Colorado so it would be hard for me to fight this. The judge ruled in my favor because Texas is both our homes and our son was bornm in Kansas.Then he asked the judge to go ahead and do the custody hearing because he had to report back in Colorado the next day.With my lawyer unpreparred we did. We both got on the stand and everything. My husband tried to say I was unfit.That I did'nt have a place of my own and I had only worked at my job a short while.Drug me through the dirt saying that I drank too much(which I did have a problem with depression)Eventually my husband got temp. custody. I could have him once a month till we settled it our own. My boyfriend and I drove once a month (along with taking off work)to Colorado to get my son for a short visit of 3 days.This went on for almost a yr. because I did'nt have the money to go back to court.I sent packages to my son once a month and I called constantly(my phone calls were mostly ignored).I was so depresed and full of hate and anger I still drank too much.I kept waiting for my boyfriend and I made more money so we could move out and buy a car.It just took to long because I was spending so much money traveling to see my son.My wonderful boyfriend wanted to marry me,but I was stillstuck in this custody batt. Eventually my husband made bunches of promises that if I signed the div. papers w/ him as the managing conservator everything would be ok, that he would'nt stick by the rules and I could see my son whenever.LIES LIES LIES.Anyways so I did. :(So what I was wondering now that i got married ,bought a house, had a baby with my new husband, am a stay at home mom,got alcohol treatment,counseling....and many more glorious things...Can I take my EX back to court to get my son to live w/ me now? It has been 2 yrs.Please...any advise? My ex is now out of the army...has tatoos everywhere,along with piercings in his face,goes to school,works at a tatoo parlor at night when my son is with a sitter...We make more money and I am a housewife.!!!!!!!!!!Please HELP> :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">