• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Good samaritan(?) wants feedback re: adoption options of 10yr old neglected girl.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Good Neighbor

Hello all.
First post here, if you don't count the one I typed earlier today and lost due to not writing down my password. I will make this one much shorter.

I am a male in my mid 30's. Single, non-drinker, hard-working guy. I was raised in a home that, beginning when I was 11, saw a minimum of 75 children, boys and girls, all ages come and go through the magic of the foster care system. Through the winds of fate, I have been united with my neighbors across the hall. A mother, early 40's, and a daughter, 10.

The mother, (I will call her "mom") is a mostly under-educated, tired, burnt-out, but still breathing welfare mom. Her main priority being her next beer(s). Next would be any other form of intoxicant available, third would be finding someone willing to watch after her ten year old daughter.

The daughter, (I'll call her "kid,") is one heck of a bundle of energy. Hyperactivity and A.D.D. supposedly being treated with medications. Moody, almost "Sybil" type personalities. Funny, yet sarcastic and fairly pushy and bossy. With children and adults alike. Yet has the ability to attract the attention of who-ever she chooses. Very outgoing, yet at the same time, withdrawn.

To make a long story short. Since the early part of this summer, I have been mentoring kid. But when I say mentoring, I really mean that I basically have been caring for this child in a major way. What started as an offer to mom to occassionally take kid to pool has grown into a situation where I feel a strong desire to either try to ...

I am so sorry. I am being interrupted and will have to continue later.

Good Neighbor

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">