• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

grace period for support payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yayayaya11

in los angeles county, california...

is there a grace period for child support payments? if so, can this be used as a weapon for revenge?

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yayayaya11:
is there a grace period for child support payments? if so, can this be used as a weapon for revenge?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, if you are one day late the NCP is taken from their bed before dawn, striped naked, beaten, dragged to the center of town and put into the stocks for the day. People passing by are given rotting fruit to throw at the people in the stocks.

Y

yayayaya11

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LegalBeagle:
No, if you are one day late the NCP is taken from their bed before dawn, striped naked, beaten, dragged to the center of town and put into the stocks for the day. People passing by are given rotting fruit to throw at the people in the stocks.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHAT? can you explain what you wrote?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yayayaya11:
in los angeles county, california...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

LegalBeagle has undoubtedly written his response to you because he has no idea what it is you're asking. And, quite frankly, neither can I.

If you want an answer "you can use", it might be a good idea to tell us what you mean, what is happening, and why you are using the term "revenge." In other words, what's going on?

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Y

yayayaya11

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE:

My response:

LegalBeagle has undoubtedly written his response to you because he has no idea what it is you're asking. And, quite frankly, neither can I.

If you want an answer "you can use", it might be a good idea to tell us what you mean, what is happening, and why you are using the term "revenge." In other words, what's going on?

IAAL
I apologize for being so vague with this question.

My ex husband uses the kids support checks as a tool to hurt me (us). this has been on going since the day i filed for divorce (9-97).

how can i change this....is he able to pay support as late as he wants as long as he has the envelope is post marked within the 10 day due date.

i wish i was able to detail this situtation more then i did, however i doin't know how confidential this is.

look forward to your reasopnse.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Y

yayayaya11

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE:

My response:

IAAL
I apologize for being so vague with this question.

My ex husband uses the kids support checks as a tool to hurt me (us). this has been on going since the day i filed for divorce (9-97).

how can i change this....is he able to pay support as late as he wants as long as he has the envelope is post marked within the 10 day due date.

i wish i was able to detail this situtation more then i did, however i doin't know how confidential this is.

look forward to your reasopnse.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Y

yayayaya11

the children and i are suppose to received our support checks no later then the 5th and 20th of each month. more often then not the checks arrive 7 - 10 days later then the due date. my ex tells me he has a 10 day grace period to mail these out. is this true?

L

LadyBlu

Unfortunately there isnt a whole lot you can do in this matter. You cannot even file contempt on him if he isnt 30 days past due, and some state require the payments to be more than 30 days past due. I would suggest you be happy you are getting them, I realize it makes it hard on you when you are expecting them to be paid on or before a certain date and they dont.. but I think if he is at least paying you should be happy..

LegalBeagle

If the the court orders are specific in the payment instructs and actually state that you shall recieve the money on or before those dates, then I disagree with LB2.. It depends on the exact wording in the orders.. In this case, he does not have any grace and is ordered by a court to do exactly what is in the order.

Let use know the exact wording in the order and we can help you further..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">