• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandchild visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

foshman

My son and a girlfriend lived together long enough in Florida to produce a beautiful baby girl. Unfortunately, things did not work out and son is back in Alabama with us.
If/when we can see the child depends strictly on the whim of the mother. She's vengeful, spiteful, apparantly (based on language of grandaughter) she's vulgar in front of the child, and is currently living with another man. My questions are...1) what if anything can we do to make sure we can see her on a regular basis and 2) since there is no paperwork regarding custody etc. what would happen if son brought baby to Alabama and refused to take her back?

Thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by foshman:
My son and a girlfriend lived together long enough in Florida to produce a beautiful baby girl. Unfortunately, things did not work out and son is back in Alabama with us.
If/when we can see the child depends strictly on the whim of the mother. She's vengeful, spiteful, apparantly (based on language of grandaughter) she's vulgar in front of the child, and is currently living with another man. My questions are...1) what if anything can we do to make sure we can see her on a regular basis and 2) since there is no paperwork regarding custody etc. what would happen if son brought baby to Alabama and refused to take her back?

Thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

I was going to assist you, because your first question about Grandparent visitation was cogent and worthwhile. However, then you went ahead and put a sour taste in my mouth with your last question. How dare you come to this Board and ask anyone to assist you with such a dastardly deed!! I don't care what you "think" the mother is like. Your request was just "nasty".

No assistance.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

N

navywife_tx

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by foshman:

Thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Is your son listed on the birth certificate? If so, get him a lawyer and file for custody. Whether it be joint or sole but have him file so that he can get visitation set up to where the mother can't decide when it's a good time for the child to visit her father. Does your son atleast pay any child support?

F

foshman

To always liable: I did not intend to offend you with my question(s). I think it's sad of you to condemn me for the questions without knowing the ENTIRE story. Thanks anyway...

LegalBeagle

To always liable: I did not intend to offend you with my question(s). I think it's sad of you to condemn me for the questions without knowing the ENTIRE story. Thanks anyway...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The entire story is irrelevant.. you are purposing taking the child from the mother and refusing to return. As a mother yourself, you MUST KNOW what that would be like and yet you do not care, as long are you are ok.. every thought what it might do to the kids ? Do you care ?

Regardless, if you want to sort this out, get an attorney and do it the proper way.. the RIGHT way ..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">