• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandparents vs Parents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wgk

Does anyone know if there have been more decisions in cases against grandparent rights? I am in Texas (Houston) fighting the bio mom’s mom for custody of our seven-year-old. The bio mom remarried had twins and left are son with her mother (almost 2-yr.). After one year of trying to get to court, the other side has had six reasons why they could not appear for the custody hearing, it looks like sometime in the next two weeks we have a trail. So I am looking for success stories.

U

usdeeper

It very hard to comment on general terms.. when it comes down to bio parent vs grandparents, then grandparents have little rights.. and with the recent supreme court ruling, will soon have no rights across the whole of the US where there is no abuse or neglect.

In your case.. it is hard to say without any real details.. Custody is determind on many things.. I presume either the bio mom or the other GP are going to fight your custody action...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">