• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health insurance while seperated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MySonsMom

Does anyone know if I can still supply health insurance to my spouse when we are legally seperated? Iowa.

------------------
~MySonsMom~

[This message has been edited by MySonsMom (edited July 25, 2000).]

tater_tot

I don't know about in Iowa but in most all divorces I've heard of (in Virginia) one spouse is required to carry the other spouse on their insurance until they are legally divorced.

tater_tot

I don't know about in Iowa but in most all divorces I've heard of (in Virginia) one spouse is required to carry the other spouse on their insurance until they are legally divorced.

P

Parent1

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MySonsMom:
Does anyone know if I can still supply health insurance to my spouse when we are legally seperated? Iowa.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In most states it's required. It is also not recommended to cancel such coverages during separation even if the other moves out of the martial home. However, keep your attorney advised of such conditions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">