• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jackie cook

I'm seperated from my Soon to be Ex. Husband. We have a 16 yr. old daughter. My soon to be Ex. and I have joint custady of her but my soon to be ex. has primary care of her. When I decided i wanted a divore and moved out my daughter was very upset at me. So when we went to family court my daughter wanted my husband to be primary care for her. Which I know her father got to her. It's been almost a year And i'm still not divorse. But now my daughter wants the judge to say who should be primary care for her. I know she wants me to be but I think she knows her father would be upset so thats why she wants the judge to decide. Here is why she wants me to be primary care. Her father won't give her lunch money,and if he did give her money he wants her to pay him back or if she needs to buy clothes. I'm not getting childsupport from him. I give her money when I have some to spare. I'm making around 943.00 a month and he is making 5'000.00 s. Then he is forcing her to take this trip with his family and girlfriend which my daughter doesn't want to go. my soon to be ex. told her she has to go with him because he is primary care of her and she can't stay with me because I'm not and it's eligal. I told my daughter thats not true and you can stay with me. My soon to be ex. and his mother is forcing her to go with them on this trip. Here my soon to be ex. even called my daughters boyfriend and blamming him that it's his fault she doesn't want to go. I told my daughter that her father is trying to control her just like he did me. I just want to get your advice about is there a chance that I can get primary care of her or do you think since my ex. has primary care now. That the judge would just leave him have primary care. Thanks Jackie

------------------

U

Ukiah

Sounds like you need to go back to mediation and have this ironed out before the holidays come or you won't be seeing much of her.

There are only two years left then she can go where ever she wants and he can't stop her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">