• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!! Court date for Sept. 5th!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

EMTECK

My son is 17, married and has a baby girl. They reside in Tenn. He is being told that by Tenn. law, he MUST attend school until he is 18. Right now his main priority is to work and take care of his family. The school has him scheduled to go to court next Tue. for a truancy hearing, where they say they are going to put him in DETENTION!

I live in Ill., and told him to move his family here. The school says they can BRING HIM BACK!! He's a married man.....can this be so? There are no charges against him...just this truancy hearing that's set up for Tue Sept. 5th. Anyone knowing if they can do this in Tenn., please let me know something before this hearing.

I would rather he just left before the hearing, and come to Illinois to live. BEFORE they give him some kind of record for truancy. I can't believe they could enforce this law on a married man!

Thanks for any and all advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">