• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Helppppp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Thomas Saccuci

My ex tried to re-open the divorce settlement by filing the most frivolous motion by lying about 50 times. I won the case but lost the war because I had an incompetent atty. We had 4 witnesses sitting outside the evidentiary hearing to dispute each and every allegation. The judge asked him if he wanted to make a motion under 631.8, he didn't know what it was, when the judge read it to him, he said ok. Now the judge didn't hear any of our evidence so he had us bear our own fees. I want to appeal or something, but I understand I may not be able to get the evidence in the appeals court as they may not hear, I guess you would call it NEW evidence.

Any suggestions????

T

Thomas Saccuci

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LegalBeagle:
Was the case reopened and was did you lose ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The case was not re-opened, it was found that she did not meet the burden of proof, by a long shot, but the judge ruled that she couldnt afford to pay for the attorney fees, so I am out about 7,000 bucks, so far.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">