• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how can i get my kids out of the state legally?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mom1050

I live in a state which requires that I get permission from the non-custodial parent to move the kids out of state. I am not yet separated. Is it legal for me to move out of the state with the kids and then file for divorce? How long would I have to live out of state before I could file? Do I need permission if I'm still legally married to take the kids to begin with?

T

terdad

Five years ago my wife took our two kids and went to visit her mother in Arizona (we lived in calif.)
some seven months later I recieved devorce papers in the mail....I didn't contest the papers..so the devorce went thru w/out a hitch.Since it was done by a lawyer in Arizona I would assume it is leagal. you should definately consult an attorney. luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">