• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I file a motion?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lacosner

I received a message from the family court here in Rochester that I need to pay child support. The child I need to pay support for lives in another state, and I do owe child support, but the papers I received from the courthouse are outdated. The court order they have does not accurately reflect what I am supposed to be paying. I am supposed to file a motion by November 6 (2000), and have no idea how to do this. Can someone please help me? Thank you.

usmcfamily

You need to contact the clerk of the court from the court you got the message from and inquire with them where to direct your response and if there are specific guidelines that they require you follow (courts vary from place to place)....depending on how involved it starts sounding you may be able to handle it alone or you may want to seek an attorneys services ...one thing to remember is that most attorneys offer a free initial consultation so it never hurts to talk to one anyway and maybe at the least get some info to help you out...........

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">