• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do I get custody?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nickip

My five year old step-daughter is in a situation I need help with. My husband has joint legal custody of her, but not primary physical custody. Her mother is very irresponsible. She forgets to pick her up from daycare, does not make or keep doctors appointments(she has serious allergic reactions and is in need of allergy shots twice a week), does not administer medicine properly and has a physically and emotionally abusive relationship with her step-father. The step-father has a restraining order against him but she does not enforce it. My step-daughter has seen physical violence and heard things that children that age should not be party to. She is having difficulty in kindergarten because she fights and swears. her mother refuses to pay her part of the medical bills we have incured because of counceling and allergy testing etc.. How can I get physical custody in a case like this. all feedback is appreciated. thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">