• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOW DOES MOM TAKE SON OUT OF WI TO LIVE IN IL. FOR BETTER JOB OFFER???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

skyeblu99

I have a great job offer in Il. and I am curious on how to go about getting a court order to move out of the state of wisconsin to Il. I dont mind having joint custody, its just that the dad doesnt want the baby to move to Il and I want physical placement to stay with me. I finally got a chance to make a better life for my son and I want that chance to do that!!! Please help if you can!!

U

usdeeper

If he will not allow the move, petition the courts for permission. Be prepared to change the visitation schedule for him to have longer periods. Also to pay for his travel to have the visitation.

------------------
:) SMILE - Start Making It Livable for Everyone

Divorce is a process over which children have no control. Children should not be its victims.
When parents are under stress, it is harder to be in touch with their children's pain and anguish.
It takes time, effort, and planning on the part of the parents to be able to provide for the children's needs.
In the crisis of divorce, parents may put their children on hold while they attend to adult problems first.
Sometimes separating/divorced parents find that their roles and expectations are undefined and cloudy.
If handled properly, divorce need not be devastating for children.

S

skyeblu99

WITH THE STATEMENT PAY FOR HIS TRAVEL?? WHAT IF WE MEET HALF WAY TO DROP OFF AND RETURN THE BABY....I will do whatever it takes anyways...how do i petition the courts??? How long does it take????? thanks for everything!!

LegalBeagle

You have two choices, write your ex an letter and give him 30 days notice of your intent to leave. The ball will then be in his court and will be up to him to petition the courts to stop you. The down side to this is that it can take longer to complete. Otherwise, you can get an attorney and petition the courts to allow you to move and thereby bypassing your ex. This is generally a quicker route but can still takes a couple of months.

An easier option, is to try and talk this out with your ex and come to your own agreement. You can inform him that a court is unlikely to stop the move and it will just cost you both a lot of money.. In return for his agreement you will agree to longer visitation and to meet him half way etc.. The details are up to you...

------------------
Psst.. I am not an attorney, and even if I was, I would not tell you. Which technically could mean I am an attorney, but I would not tell you either way. What I am giving you is not legal advice in anyway. For proper legal advice, retain a person who openly admits they are an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">