• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I got another question burning in my head! LOL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

whyme0629

If court order has been issued to have you see your child at a certain time, and the Custodial parent says "NO!", can the visiting parent call the police and make her give up the child if he has a copy of the court order???

I dont have this problem but a friend of mine does..... he cant see his kid even with a court order (cause she wont let him) and is not sure of going to court since he is in arrears with CS.

L

LadyBlu

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by whyme0629:
If court order has been issued to have you see your child at a certain time, and the Custodial parent says "NO!", can the visiting parent call the police and make her give up the child if he has a copy of the court order???

I dont have this problem but a friend of mine does..... he cant see his kid even with a court order (cause she wont let him) and is not sure of going to court since he is in arrears with CS.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If she is refusing to let him have the child the police can and will do nothing as Leagle Beagle put it.
They can document it and he will have a little bit more evidence to take to court.

Custody/visitation are seperate from support. He can file contempt on her for not allowing him visitation privileges, and she can turn around and file contempt on him for non payment.
Two wrongs do not make a right.

What has been suggested on other posts in the same situation is that he document everything, and send a return receipt letter to her and cc her attorney, the district clerk, judge, and his attorney, telling her he will be picking his child up on the date and time specified by order that he is allowed to.

It will alert the judge and atty's that she is not allowing him to exercise his rights.

W

whyme0629

I am sorry if some one replied, i dont see, could you reply again... Thanks!

W

whyme0629

Okay, sounds like a plan... i will alert him to go to COURT! I wonder if the courts ever get tired???

L

LadyBlu

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by whyme0629:
Okay, sounds like a plan... i will alert him to go to COURT! I wonder if the courts ever get tired??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes they do, and in those situations they usually will do something that people least expect. Hand custody to the other parent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">