• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need a little help please!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bshafer

ok I am engaged to a guy that was in the Navy and he was dating a girl who was leagally married and she told him she was legally seperated but she wasn't. Then she became preganant by....we dont know. She lives in Va and we live in Tx. She has called and threatened him that she has got a court date set in Va for Dec. What do we do? Someone please help me!!!!!

U

Ukiah

Wait til he's served with paternity papers.

Or if you're like me, patient, but hate waiting, call the courthouse where she lives to see if a date has actually been set up. This way if she has set up a date and doesn't serve him (but says she did) he won't be found in contempt.

Why is she calling him anyways? How did she get the number? Change the number, have it unlisted, and go on with your lives. She sounds vengeful.

If he believes he may be the father then he needs to do what is right for the child ~ including starting with the paternity tests~

good luck,
Ukiah

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">