• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I OWE BACK CHILD SUPPORT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jessica Gray

I owe $70,000 in back child support which I was ordered to pay by a California court. I live in Nevada. My license was suspended in 1996 for failure to pay support. Is there any way to clear this up and get my license back? Do I need a lawyer? Can I do it from Nevada. Where do I start? Does a Judge need to decide to give me my license or not? Can I be given a license just to commute to work? Do I need to take care of this in the county in which the support was ordered, or can I go anywhere in California to take care of this? Help!

L

LadyBlu

Go to CA turn yourself in.. You will get arrested because unless you havent been paying attn... non payment of child support, especially that amount is a Felony Offense.
Criminal Non-Payment is the legal terminology. You will now have a permanent record and your kid(s) have went all these years without all the extras that they could have had if you had paid. So who won the war?

MySonsMom

<<I owe $70,000 in back child support which I was ordered to pay by a California court. I live in Nevada. My license was suspended in 1996 for failure to pay support. Is there any way to clear this up and get my license back?>>

Yes of course, pay your support.

U

Ukiah

Not only do you lose you license, your tax returns will be interviened and go to the CP. You will have to pay a portion out of unemployment. It also affects your credit....

How did you get so far behind? Why did you let your self get so far behind? Do you see your Child?

I agree with LB(2) turn your self in, DO THE RESPONSIBLE THING! Even if you are put in jail for a little while, you will learn a valuable lesson.

I would NEVER let my daughter go without! I can't believe that you being a mother would do that to a child you gave birth to!!

It's people like you that give GOOD mother's like me a bad name! 1 wrong "stunt" by a mother and it ruins everything for every other mother out there trying to do the right thing for the child!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">