• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IAAL/LB/Always Searching

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LadyBlu

I have a couple of questions regarding who to report this to.

My son (15) spent the weekend at his dads. He came home today and told me of some things going on over there that are completely against my ideas of how to raise children.
First I should tell you that I will not be allowing him to go back to visit. If he chooses after he turns 18 to maintain contacct with his father that is his business but while he is still living under my roof and beings his father has only in the past year had any contact with him, he will nto be allowed (his father) visitation.

Let me start also by saying that while my son was on probation he was allowed to visit his father on two occasions and on both his father assured me he would keep a close eye on him to keep him out of trouble. He allowed my son to run the streets with a group of kids and drink. My son tells me everything that goes on.

Today when he came home he proceeded to tell me about how his 1/2 sister who is only 13, is 5mos pregnant... and they (his dad and step mother) are ok with this. They look at it this way... the kid is in college, yes he is black, but he isnt poor. *S* gret attitude huh?
Then my son told me that he had to step in between a fight between his step mothers cousin and this college kid who got the 1/2 sister pregnant.

I have alot of Moral Issues about the atmosphere. I mean I am no angel, have never claimed to be... but I dont even go out, or bring people home to my house, or drink... so this environment is the total opposite of his normal home environment and at 15 I try to keep him away from stuff like this because of *raging hormones* and the desire to be an adult before his time..
WHat I would like to know is this.. I know it is against the law for this girl to be having sexual relations and being pregnant with a person that is obviously over the age of 18, so who would I report this to? Can the parents also be held responsible for allowing the daughter to engage in what is obviously delinquent behaviour?

They were aware of the girl having sex prior to the pregnancy, and of her dating a college kid.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LadyBlu:
Sorry but the typos... but I am PISSED.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

You can report it to "Child Services" and/or the D.A.'s office. Remember, she's going to need to be counseled, and the young man needs to be arrested.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

L

LadyBlu

Thanks IAAL, I am also going to be petitioning the court to revoke his visitation.. He was supposed to go thru the steps of supervised visitation, but beings he waited until our son was 14 to start a relationship I believed that if there are things going on that shouldnt be, my son would tell me... and he has.. so I am almost positive that with his lack of Parental concern I can get his visitation squashed... plus, my son hasnt had any desire to go visit his dad for months, his dad called thursday night and told him he had his birthday presents for him and they wanted to throw him a party.. so my son asked if he could go, I allowed him.. needless to say he didnt get any party, nor presents...

L

LadyBlu

Ohh I forgot to mention... *S* the kid that got this girl pregnant,... he is going to college to become an Attorney...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

I'm have an IAAL moment . . . and, oooooh, it feels so gooooooooood !!

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LadyBlu:
Ohh I forgot to mention... *S* the kid that got this girl pregnant,... he is going to college to become an Attorney... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Sounds like my kind of guy !!

However, I do have a preference for small, furry, marsupials.

IAAL

------------------

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE:
My response:

Sounds like my kind of guy !!

However, I do have a preference for small, furry, marsupials.

IAAL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ladyblu, we already have enough attorneys running around like that kid, we don't need no more.

IAAL, is a Furby or Gremlin a marsupial?

L

LadyBlu

Guru,
That was the ONLY apprehension I had about this whole thing, turning the kid in to law enforcement and ruining his future. But, I have to protect my child.... and I will use whatever I have to do do so... plus, if this kid is studying law, he should have known better..

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Guru,
That was the ONLY apprehension I had about this whole thing, turning the kid in to law enforcement and ruining his future. But, I have to protect my child.... and I will use whatever I have to do do so... plus, if this kid is studying law, he should have known better..
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

You don't need to be pensive, shy, or guilty about reporting this jerk. Homie is absolutely correct when he say to report the matter. We already have too many attorneys who are "bad guys" and have comitted crimes of moral, if not legal, "turpitude". It's one thing not knowing, but it's quite another when we already know that such a person does not deserve to be in such an auguste profession.

Please, do the right thing.

IAAL

------------------

L

LadyBlu

Pensive, yes.. shy or guilt? Nope.. the onlyreasonmysoneven goes over to visit his dad is because he gets away with doing things there that I will not allow him to do here. He tells me everything so I must be doing something right.. but he has told me about having sex with various girls that are friends of his 1/2 sister, and of running around and drinking.. I want to see my kids grow up to give me grandbabies.. I dont need him getting some girl pregnant at an early age or getting killed in some stupid senseless accident...

LegalBeagle

Go to any state bar ass. website and look at the list of attorneys that are suspended due to immoral actions.. the list is long. What is interesting about these sites is that it gives you an idea what could happen and educates you to keep 'check' of your attorney.

Then again, you should always educate yourself in your problems and never leave it completely up to an attorney.

L

LadyBlu

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LegalBeagle:
Go to any state bar ass. website and look at the list of attorneys that are suspended due to immoral actions.. the list is long. What is interesting about these sites is that it gives you an idea what could happen and educates you to keep 'check' of your attorney.

Then again, you should always educate yourself in your problems and never leave it completely up to an attorney.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, I love that .. state bar ass website..

I will be calling CPS here in my county tomorrow, and also the county jouvenile office.. the atty there and I are good friends..will give her the info and let her call the DA in their town and see if she could maybe push the issue a little better than I can.... You have to understand this is small town, hicksville.. when you see and hear the redneck jokes.. *S* they are modeled after these people.. otherwise why hasnt the school turned them in yet? Here in the town I am in.. cps would have been called by the school dist if the parents hadnt initiated criminal charges against the person that got the girl pregnant....

[This message has been edited by LadyBlu (edited October 29, 2000).]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LegalBeagle:
Go to any state bar ass. website . . ." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

LegalBeagle is absolutely, 100%, correct. Most of those websites are owned by some sort of an ass.

I don't own one.

IAAL

P.S. I'm not sure, but I think he meant the abbreviation, "Assoc.", for Association.

------------------

C

Christina27

In my own opinion, I don't think its your call to make any phone calls about the going ons in your ex's household. Its great that your son confides in you, but its not your business to report this college kid. If her own mother isn't bothered by it, why should you? The girl will have enough trouble dealing with the pregnancy. Why jeopardize the future of the child that will be coming? If the father will be involved and be able to make something of himself, why say anything? It is your business to talk to your son more about this situation so that he will know that its wrong. But you can't prevent him from witnessing all of this. Its around all of us. As parents we need to help guide our children to make the right decisions, but they will make their own. But if your ex can't monitor his son's behavior while he's there and its obvious that you've tried your best, then maybe its not the best place for him to visit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">