• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

? for IAAL, Please...

• Thread starter Cotton Candy Apple
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cotton Candy Apple

My daughter 21 now and married, is mine from a previous marriage. My new husband of 19 years now has adopted her when she was 2 years old.

The problem today is that my husbands X keeps bringing up the fact that he treats his adopted daughter better than he does his bio-daughter. Which is not true, he treats them all equal. We also have a son, who never gets brought up or down graded. His bio-daughter is 19 now and in college, and he pays for her to go onto school, and really has nothing to do with him.

Now the X keeps bringing her (Adopted-daughter) into the situation where she has nothing to do with. IE: Puting her down, calling her names, slandering against her, and also bringing her daughter (our Grand-daughter) into this mess.

What can she do about my husbands X? She is tired of being called these name, being put down by her, and would like to know what she might be able to do about it.

She (adopted-daughter) lives in North Carolina, we live in Florida and X lives in Illinois.

Thanks much for your advice.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I'm sorry for what is happening. I truly am.

But please, understand, I don't deal in matters such as this - - which falls under the category of "petty bickering and jealosy."

These are not legal issues - - necessarily because, from what I gather from your post, there isn't any slander or libel going on. Name calling, while callous and hurtful, does not rise to the level required by the law.

All of you are adults, and none of you needs to give the "bad guys" a soapbox. Take your power back, and ignore. They can't hurt you if you don't give them a forum.

From a legal standpoint, I don't know what else I could tell you.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

C

Cotton Candy Apple

Thanks much, didn't think we could, but wasn't sure.

Thanks again.

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cotton Candy Apple:
She (adopted-daughter) lives in North Carolina, we live in Florida and X lives in Illinois.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I read your post I really thought everyone was in the same small town and that is why the name calling is hurting people.. but each party is in a different state !! How does X have contact with adopted child ? If it is email, change the address, if phone, then change phone number or contact the phone company and report abuse etc..

C

Cotton Candy Apple

The hatred on step-daughter did not start until she had a child, now she has become a b****, wh***, etc.

The X feels that step-daughters child is taking away from bio daughter. Which doesn't, cause of living in another state.

We feel it is jealousy, but step-daughter, had had it with her name calling, etc.

As far as e-mailing, calling, etc. the only one she (the X) can call, e-mail, etc. is the father, which she puts all this in it, and it has become very upsetting to the whole family.

We have told her not to mention anyone else, except for his daughter, whom they discuss. But she still does.

Step-daughter didn't know what she might be able to do, with the defamation of character.

Thanks anyways, she is just gonna let it ride, like she said she will eventually hang herself. (Not in a liteal since, but in court with father).

Thanks again anyways.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">