• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IAAL, usdeeper, legal beagle, please respond

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

the dad

I posted a while back about my ex-wife planning a move from VA to FL to marry her boyfriend, taking my young children (10 and 12) very far away. I have decided not to fight the move, as she will just work on the kids heads more than she does already, and they will end up the losers.
I had the kids this weekend, she had called several times during the day and spoke with the kids. Late in the evening, I unplugged the phone so we could go to sleep uninterrupted, we were really exhausted. It seems she has taken it as a personal attack...She left me a message this morning that "the kids don't want to spend Wednesday nights with me anymore, and she has spoken to an attorney who says they should not be forced".
I am truly dumbfounded as how to respond. Do I just say okay (I am weary of the never ending PAS and the endless battle of being a good father to no appreciation)?
Or do I fight? How do I fight?
Can the kids just "decide" that?
All I want is to be a part of my children's lives. I am long past any anger or wanting retaliation for the ex. I am tired of seeing them used as punishment for me (don't really understand that either, she's the one who left for another man...)
My best guess is this has nothing to do with the kids feelings, she is declaring some kind of war. Maybe to make me look bad with missed visitation so she has a better case for moving, in the anticipation that I will fight it. She has yet to inform me that she's moving....
Help!
Thanks!

LegalBeagle

If you allow her to move, it will get worse to the point that you will hardly see the children. She has made it clear that she does not want you in their lives.

You need to go back to court and have all this sorted. I personally would never allow the mother of my children to move 1000 miles away, ESPECIALLY when she is already brain washing the children.

Even if she is allowed to move by a court, get all the other issued addressed now before she leaves. Get visitation changed to allow longer periods, have her pay for your travel etc..

With regards to the children, next time you see them, sit down and ask them why they do not want to see you on Wed..

Horrible answer, but you need an attorney and you need to start fighting for the children and your rights.. Once she moves, it will be a lot harder...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">