• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IL States Disbursement Unit/states Attny case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jenelu

I'll try to keep it short. X's support is taken out of wages and sent to SDU. X is employed and support is being garnished, but not making it here. Got the local senator involved. With their help we were able to locate 6/8 missing checks. The checks have stopped coming again, SDU claiming no money is being sent to them, X's employer gave me check dates and amounts of checks they claim they did send. Child support hotline operator, while talking to herself, claimed I am not in their system...found my info...and stated they have not been working very hard on my case. Was also told by hotline operator I should call States Attny's office to have them update my records with public aide so I could get X's tax refund to pay towards arrears. Was told by the states attny's office that they didn't handle income tax at all, only public aide, and if I call them, the states attny would "drop my case like a bomb." All I want here is to continue receiving the support checks, and to have the X start making pmts towards arrears (6000.00+) Was told by the states attny office that it is really up to them to decide when arrears should be paid, not me. Was also told by states attny that even though X is on probation, and only worked enough hours one week to send 34.76 (for 3 kids) that he is not necessarily breaking his probation if he doesn't send the remaining support. Someone please tell me what the purpose of probation is if nothing is done when it's broken?/ I can't even begin to tell you how frustrated I am with the system. Keep in mind that the X has stated he will never be current with his arrears and if I'm so interested in money that I can take the amount of my income tax return and subtract it from the amount he is in arrears for. I realize he is blowing smoke, but if he has no intentions of being current, what can be done??? And why am I hitting so many walls regarding child support??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">