• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indiana - filing a complaint against the court

• Thread starter shannon prendergast
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shannon prendergast

I'll make this quick - anyone know where to turn if you want to file complaint against a county court or county judge? I FIRMLY believe we were screwed in court because of various family influences for the other side. Anyway - we did not receive a fair trial and I would like it looked into. It may never go anywhere but if would make me feel better. I just didn't think this kind of stuff happened anymore. Thanks in advance for any help -p/s state is Indiana

S

shannon prendergast

Originally we went to court in February for a temp hearing (divorce) then the final hearing in May. Many debts that were listed on our written proposal are not mentioned on the final decree, as though they were overlooked or something. So we retained a new lawyer who filed for an amendment, also filed for contempt agianst her for not having all 3 kids ready to be picked up every other weekend and filed to have fiance's name taken off the mortgage to the house (he was ordered to sign quit claim but she did not have to refinance the house). This woman was released from a year in prison last November for embezzeling 100,000 from her employer - not the most honest person. Anyway - motion to amend decree was declined - cut and dry no explanation so we have bit the bullet and paid around 1000$ of debts not divided between them. We do have a cotempt hearing concerning children but it has already been moved back to a date we don't know yet (should have been this monday) and the motion regarding mortgage was declined saying until she messes up or doesn't pay there is no need to refinance. So she gets to live there, we have no rights to the house but if she decides not to pay then we are responsible. Doens't make sence. I should explain also the motion to amend the final decree was also because after the final hearing we received 2 more bills from credit agencies from past due accounts we had never heard of but they had my fiance's name on them so guess who gets to pay? Our lawyer said this was new evidence but the judge didn't go for it. Basically her family is an old family in this town with connections everywhere from in the courthouse to the police dept. We on the other hand have no relatives in the area. Even our lawyer thinks we have been "homered" and has had numerous other trials go the same way in this town. One other note - our lawyer recently appealed a ruling from another case where the judge over this divorce case was also the judge and our lawyer ended up winning (apparently a big deal) and he thinks there might be some hard feelings about it. Thanks for the time and like I said, it may never amount to anything but I hate to give up so easily.

S

shannon prendergast

leaglebeagle - to answer your question (sorry i got carried away with my post and forgot) we are in the process of appealing at the county level (we filed just days before time would have run out) but our appeal was declined as I explained earlier. We have not been back to see our attorney since we found all this out so I don't know how much time we have to appeal the appeal (can you do that) and I guess we would go to a higher level this time but this is all getting very expesive. If we thought we would get a fair trial and receive what the attorney feels we are owed we would keep going but with the past track record we are kinda reluctant to keep paying attorney fees and get nowhere. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">