• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

infant visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

monmom

I gave birth to my son 10 days ago. I let his father in the room while I was delivering so that he could cut the cord and feel more involved. Since then I have let him come over every day to see our child. I wanted visitation set up so that he would see him every other day for 11/2 to 2 hrs. He says he wants 25% visitation and that he wants the baby overnight at 6 months. I am breastfeeding and that was a decision we both made together before we seperated. Will a court order overnight visitation for a 6 month old that is breastfeeding and can they order me to supply my breastmilk? I told his father that 6 moths is to young for overnight visitation and that he's being unreasonable with 25% visitation. What is the normal court ordered visitation for an infant who is breastfeeding in Orange County, Ca.. P.S. The reason we separated is he wanted me to consider adoption as an option for the baby I told him no and asked him to leave the next day. I know he loves our child now but I feel that that needs to be taken into account. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

How old is this kid anyway (the father, not your child)? He's living in a dreamland.

In all my years of practice, there has been no Southern California judge that would order overnights for a 6 month old. And no, there is no judge that can legally order you to express yourself.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited October 31, 2000).]

M

monmom

Thank you I Am Always Liable. Knowing that makes me feel a little bit better. Am I being unreasonable if I start the visitation of every other day? What is the normal visitation ordered for an infant? Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">