• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Las Vegas Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sweitz

Would a divorce in Las Vegas or Reno be binding in Illinois? In general, what is the quickest way to get a mutually desired divorce? And lastly, with sufficient grounds, is annulment easier, faster or cheaper?

W

WHITSIX1

of course it is legal. even marriage in mexico is legal here. anulment can only be had if you didn't consemate the marriage (sleep together) but it is difficult. if you are agreeing about the divorce file the papers for 75.00 if there is no property between you and sever them to the other person. if they sign, thats that! total it might run you for the service and filing fees around 150.00

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sweitz:
Would a divorce in Las Vegas or Reno be binding in Illinois? In general, what is the quickest way to get a mutually desired divorce? And lastly, with sufficient grounds, is annulment easier, faster or cheaper?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Nevada is a divorce "No Fault" State. However, in order to get divorced in Nevada, you need to be a resident of Nevada for 6 weeks, and have been living separately and apart from your spouse for 1 year prior to filing for dissolution of the marriage.

While it's very, very easy to get married in Nevada, getting divorced is quite a different story.

Grounds for an Annulment are very difficult to obtain, even after one day of marriage. Usually, you must be able to prove fraud, or mental incapacity, or incompetency due to age, or other strict guidelines. If you can't meet the States' laws for Annulment, then you MUST obtain a standard divorce.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

S

Sweitz

Thanks! That is exactly what we want to do! How do we get the forms to file($75 you said)and how is it done? It sounds like it is easier to do a mutually agreed upon divorce (even though the marriage is less than 90 days) than to prove grounds for anulment.So, can this filing be odne without one of those "do-it-yourself" kits? Also, are you in the legal profession yourself?
Thanks for your input!
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WHITSIX1:
of course it is legal. even marriage in mexico is legal here. anulment can only be had if you didn't consemate the marriage (sleep together) but it is difficult. if you are agreeing about the divorce file the papers for 75.00 if there is no property between you and sever them to the other person. if they sign, thats that! total it might run you for the service and filing fees around 150.00 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">