• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawsuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pj

I had to fired my lawyer because he misrepresented me in many of the hearings. He wants to charge a substantial high fee for doing absolutely nothing. Hardly ever returns my calls or would say, I'll get back to you but never does. Little did I know that every time I call his, there is a fee involved. He fees just kept adding up & he want not doing a thing for me, instead he was really helping my husband win the cases if you ask me. Did not know when a hearing was suspose to take place. I received a letter when I had to be in court, but yet he does not know anything about it. But yet he wants his money. He comes to court unprepared and expects the judge to hear his side without enough evidence to back him self up with. I must say he did not represent me well at all. There is no way had he been prepare with all his findings of the notes of testimony, would the judge be in favor of my husband's lawyer findings. I told him that before the spousal susport would end, can he fill an extension to continue with the susport and he said ok, but did not do anything about it. Instead, my husband file a petition to vacate the order and it was granted to him and I did not have a chance to appeal. So neither am I getting spousal susport or alimony because my lawyer did not look after my interest. Knowing how bad financially I was, but did not do a thing about it. But now that I fired him, later he calls me up and asks me if I am receiving any kind of susport & if not I should have. He is crazy or what? I would not even consider him to anybody. He never return my files to me or to my new lawyer when I gave him a deadline and sent the letters certified return receipt. To this date, I still don't have my files. Instead my new lawyer had to go through my husband's lawyer and get copies of some of the things from my husband's file. In fact, half of the documents that he has are mine, because this is what I had gather together to bring to his office. Do I have the right to counter sue him and do I have the right in this suit to regain my entire file. Thank you for your advice.P.S. I live in PA.
Is someone going to give me a reply back to my message? Thanks!
[This message has been edited by pj (edited August 30, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by pj (edited August 31, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">