• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leaving Home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CkS17

Hi
I need to know at what age I can move out.
I am a 17 female who is about to graduate from high school. Is there any way I can move out right Now and still attend school with out haveing my parents forceing me by law to move back in???? I live in Texas.

CKS

P.S.
my e-mail is
[email protected] or
at my boyfriends
[email protected]
please e-mail me at both so he can read it to. Thanks

K

Kaytin

Whats your hurry?
I was 17 when i graduated also and after months of begging my mom to let me move out she did.. Knowing I would come running back home.. Well as stubbern as I am.. i wouldnt admit I made a huge mistke.
My boyfriend, at the time, was the main reason i wanted to move out also. I did end up graduating but i also ended up trying to play family too soon and had my kids soon after graduation, needless to say, I had to grow up too soon.
Be a kid... You are still a kid trust me.. Get a girl room mate.. go to college and make something of yourself.. your boyfriend will wait if he truely loves you.. Dont do what I did and look back years later and wish you had listened to your mother..

U

usdeeper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kaytin:
Whats your hurry?
I was 17 when i graduated also and after months of begging my mom to let me move out she did.. Knowing I would come running back home.. Well as stubbern as I am.. i wouldnt admit I made a huge mistke.
My boyfriend, at the time, was the main reason i wanted to move out also. I did end up graduating but i also ended up trying to play family too soon and had my kids soon after graduation, needless to say, I had to grow up too soon.
Be a kid... You are still a kid trust me.. Get a girl room mate.. go to college and make something of yourself.. your boyfriend will wait if he truely loves you.. Dont do what I did and look back years later and wish you had listened to your mother..
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is great advice.. If the boyfriend is worth anything, he would be encouraging you to stay until college.. few doors are open in this country if you do not have a college degree.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">