• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Separation Laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Magnum

My significant other has left his wife in the state of Delware and is filing for a Divorce. The marriage is over and she is threatening to sue for adultry (even though that is not the main reason) and threatens him daily with his kids. We are completely in love and just want to be together. Is Legal Separation in Delaware the answer? Or must I not see him or have any contact with him because it will jepordize his children. Please help me!!! Everyone is so distraught in this situation. This is just killing me.

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Magnum:
My significant other has left his wife in the state of Delware and is filing for a Divorce. The marriage is over and she is threatening to sue for adultry (even though that is not the main reason) and threatens him daily with his kids. We are completely in love and just want to be together. Is Legal Separation in Delaware the answer? Or must I not see him or have any contact with him because it will jepordize his children. Please help me!!! Everyone is so distraught in this situation. This is just killing me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am sure it no picnic for the wife and children. But hey, your in love so that is what counts..

Regardless of the reason for the divorce, he will have rights to visit with the children. He will not get custody, but he will be able to see them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">