• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Live In

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jlt0617

The father of my son is married now, he told me that if we go to court over the custody issue he will make sure that my boyfriend can not stay with me until we are married. He lived with his girl before they got married, so it's not a moral issue with him. I have been with this guy for 4 years on and off. He was there the 9 1/2 months I was pregnant and also in the hospital, he has been here since my son was born. Would any of this make a difference? What if he was living with me, could the courts kick him out? Would it look bad, in courts eyes?

U

usdeeper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jlt0617:
The father of my son is married now, he told me that if we go to court over the custody issue he will make sure that my boyfriend can not stay with me until we are married. He lived with his girl before they got married, so it's not a moral issue with him. I have been with this guy for 4 years on and off. He was there the 9 1/2 months I was pregnant and also in the hospital, he has been here since my son was born. Would any of this make a difference? What if he was living with me, could the courts kick him out? Would it look bad, in courts eyes?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He would have to have very good reasons to present to a court as to why you should not have a b/f around. If you do not have court ordered custody then you must get it now.. as he can fail to return the child and there would be little you can do about it.

File for custody and child support regardless of what he threatens.

J

jlt0617

We have joint legal custody, me being the custodial parent. He pays child support and has set visitations. I'm just wondering if he can make it so my b/f can't stay or live in my place. This happened to his brother so I know it could happen, I'm wondering what the chances are. And I probably shouldn't worry about it, because our morals really don't allow for that until we are married. And we are tring to be good role models for his children.

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jlt0617:
We have joint legal custody, me being the custodial parent. He pays child support and has set visitations. I'm just wondering if he can make it so my b/f can't stay or live in my place. This happened to his brother so I know it could happen, I'm wondering what the chances are. And I probably shouldn't worry about it, because our morals really don't allow for that until we are married. And we are tring to be good role models for his children.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you already have custody, then he would need to petition to change the parenting agreement or custody itself.. the chances of it being changed now are nil. If there was no custody in place, then there may be a chance to have it included as part of a custody 'deal'.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">