• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is living together against the law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

figittts

is living together in the state of virginia an immoral thing in the eyes of the courts? can a judge use this against my boyfriend when it comes to filing a custody modification?

MySonsMom

I'm not positive but I don't think it's against the law anywhere in the US to live with someone...If you are going through a custody battle and your ex is using your living arrangemenets against you..Just make sure your new "mate" is good to the kids and to you and has no bad history. Then you should be alright. (if your new mate has problems with the kids, and a record or history then you may run into some problems) Good luck! :)

------------------
~MySonsMom~

U

usdeeper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by figittts:
is living together in the state of virginia an immoral thing in the eyes of the courts? can a judge use this against my boyfriend when it comes to filing a custody modification?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is he divorced yet ?

MySonsMom

Oh wow usdeeper, that didn't even cross my mind. (that the posters boyfriend could be married) I will have to stay on my toes today..If that's the case then my response is incorrect..

------------------
~MySonsMom~

U

usdeeper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MySonsMom:
I will have to stay on my toes today..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bet that will be painful :)

F

figittts

he is legally divorced. and it is his ex wife that has filed a modification against him , saying that he has violated an order (to not have any opposite sex visitors in the house hold after 10 pm on the nights he has his son) we HAVE NOT violated this order!!! i go elsewhere on the nights he has him and then come home in the morning. this woman just doesnt want him to go on with his life. she got pregnant while they were still married and living together, and then left him. (by another man) she doesnt like the fact that her son likes me, and by the way this is the 2nd time she has taken him back to court , he had another girlfriend and she took him back as soon as she found out about her and had his visits modified... now shw wants all his visitation taken away except every other weekend from morning til 830 pm. we have done nothing wrong except fall in love and be together ( if you can consider that as wrong) i have an excellent background, i have raised two wonderful respectful children of my own. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by figittts:
is living together in the state of virginia an immoral thing in the eyes of the courts? can a judge use this against my boyfriend when it comes to filing a custody modification?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

U

usdeeper

I am curious as to why she won the last court action ?. Did he have an attorney ?.

Providing he is not in comtempt of the order (which she needs actual proof) then there should be no worries. Also, if your b/f is maintaining an active relationship with the child then this will also go in his favour ?

How old is the child ?.

F

figittts

he is maintaining an active relaqtionship with his son as much as (she allows him) he did not have an attorney at first and then filed an appeal and the attorney that represented him stunk!!!! what do you mean by in contempt of the order? he has not done what she is claiming. we have his father to testify that i stay there on the night s he has his son. we are having a hard time getting a lawyer that will take this case. he has always gone along with her just to save his son from the constant yelling that she does ( not him) he doesnt usually say anythihg to her just lets her scream at him while he hugs and tells his son that he will see him the next day that he is supposed to get him his son is 5 1/2. we knew these papers were going to be filed before we ever got them because the child told us that the police were at his house and that daddy was going to go to jail, because i was here. she uses the child to get back at my boyfriend.. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by usdeeper:
I am curious as to why she won the last court action ?. Did he have an attorney ?.

Providing he is not in comtempt of the order (which she needs actual proof) then there should be no worries. Also, if your b/f is maintaining an active relationship with the child then this will also go in his favour ?

How old is the child ?.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

U

usdeeper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by figittts:
what do you mean by in contempt of the order? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I meant, that providing she has no proof, there is nothing she can do.. but you will need an attorney to defend this.

Also, if she is screaming at your b/f in front of the child then this can be a serious issue. Make sure you tell any attorney you get details like this..

I am surprised you can not find an attorney. This sort of case is normally 'easy money'. you have witnesses and she has no proof. The child can not be used against you because he is too young and easily led. It should be a simple case of dismissing her motion.

L

LaurieBrickner

Did I read that wrong, did you say she got pregnant by another man? Is this the child in question? Is he not his bio son?

F

figittts

you red that wrong. the child in ? is definatley my boyfriends, but she got pregnant again and this child is from a different man. she did do this however while she was still married and living with my boyfriend
QUOTE]Originally posted by LaurieBrickner:
Did I read that wrong, did you say she got pregnant by another man? Is this the child in question? Is he not his bio son?[/QUOTE]

P

Parent1

Sounds like the adults are setting some very poor examples for the children!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">