• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maine - Now she refuses moderator...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mugs23

If a mother refuses to see a moderator, does that hinder her case for support and/or custody? Again, there was never anything legal on paper between the mother & father. The mother says that a moderator is stupid and they'd be "wasting his time" if they went. She thinks that if she sends a piece of paper (not signed by an attorney/notary/judge)that she typed up saying that the child lives with her in Maine and my fiancee signs it, everything will be settled. (Which he won't sign) She won't listen to him asking for visitation rights, child support payments, etc.
What exactly would she gain (if anything) by simply having a piece of paper that says she has primary physical custody? This paper says absolutely nothing else.
BTW - He has no intention of signing it since it doesn't represent his rights and wants at all. Thanks again...

LegalBeagle

I do not remember your case, but your only option here is to petition the court and get a judge to order whatever it is you are after. Pieces of paper mean nothing.

Her refusing a moderator will hurt her a little if you point this out to the judge. You can also state that even with a court order you do not believe he is going to comply will will add more to your case etc..

------------------
Psst.. I am not an attorney, and even if I was, I would not tell you. Which technically could mean I am an attorney, but I would not tell you either way. What I am giving you is not legal advice in anyway. For proper legal advice, retain a person who openly admits they are an attorney.

M

Mugs23

That's what I thought. I (he) can petition the court on his own - without getting a lawyer or some sort of legal representation? Excuse my ignorance...

LegalBeagle

You can do all your legal stuff on your own.. Personally I would suggest a paralegal to help you with the forms and filing.. and then attend court on your own if you can not afford an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">