• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MD divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BrendaGF15

A friend of mine from MD wants to divorce his wife. Things haven't been good for sometime and he turned to another woman. Now he is afraid that if he leaves and she finds out that she will get everything. I know that in PA that infidelities make no difference in the division of properties. Is MD the same way or does he stand to lose everything he has worked so hard for???

U

usdeeper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BrendaGF15:
A friend of mine from MD wants to divorce his wife. Things haven't been good for sometime and he turned to another woman. Now he is afraid that if he leaves and she finds out that she will get everything. I know that in PA that infidelities make no difference in the division of properties. Is MD the same way or does he stand to lose everything he has worked so hard for???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See the following webpage.. it will answer most, if not all, of your friends questions.
http://www.marylandlawonline.com/md/family/divexpln.htm

------------------
:) SMILE - Start Making It Livable for Everyone

Divorce is a process over which children have no control. Children should not be its victims.
When parents are under stress, it is harder to be in touch with their children's pain and anguish.
It takes time, effort, and planning on the part of the parents to be able to provide for the children's needs.
In the crisis of divorce, parents may put their children on hold while they attend to adult problems first.
Sometimes separating/divorced parents find that their roles and expectations are undefined and cloudy.
If handled properly, divorce need not be devastating for children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">