• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

military pension after remarriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

ordo65

I have 21 years in the military. I got re-married 3 years ago. What will my new wife rate as far as getting my pension? [my first recieved nothing, so I have 100% of my pension}
Also, she does not work. She also has a 17 year old daughter. Am i liable for her daughter after she turns 18?

U

usdeeper

You are not liable for her daughter at all.. only in any love and support you want to give her.

Don't know about the pension.. however it is likely that it would remain all yours since there is only 3 years of marriage.. Are you asking because you are divorcing or just need to know for the future ?

K

KarenSmith

She gets -0-. Had to be married to you for 10 years, during which time you had to be on active duty. (That would be a lousy way to retire herself) get three or four guys close to retirement, and take 1/2.
SheMAY be still intitled to bennies, like Med/Dental- Tho'--- Please double-chk with you JAG/Legal office, they're very clear on the ever-changing rules----Good Luck to you!!! KPS

[This message has been edited by KarenSmith (edited July 23, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">