• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mixed up mess illinois

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tbears

me and my fiance plan on getting married however we have a problem.my daughter who is 15 her son who is 18 have been having a realationship my daughter is now pregnet.the question is can me and my fiance still legally get married if they marry also if they marry who is responsable for my 15 yr old daughter and the baby,my first thought was aboration because in the future he will be my stepson and my fiance disagrees with aboration and she feels that they should take resposability for there actions also if they decide to marry being i have full custody can they get married on my consent only or does her mother have to sign also.

L

LadyBlu

The answer to your question on whether you can all get married like this will depend on who was dating which one first.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I was absolutely shocked to read that this was happening in Illinois. If our writer hadn't said Illinois, I would have bet my life that this was happening in Kentucky.

Of course, then I'd be dead.

KENTUCKY HUSBAND: I'd like to introduce you to my wife, my sister, my aunt, and my mother.

CALIFORNIA FRIEND: Wait a minute. There's only one woman standing there.

KENTUCKY HUSBAND: I know.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

L

LadyBlu

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE:
My response:

I was absolutely shocked to read that this was happening in Illinois. If our writer hadn't said Illinois, I would have bet my life that this was happening in Kentucky.

Of course, then I'd be dead.

KENTUCKY HUSBAND: I'd like to introduce you to my wife, my sister, my aunt, and my mother.

CALIFORNIA FRIEND: Wait a minute. There's only one woman standing there.

KENTUCKY HUSBAND: I know.

IAAL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or Tennessee for that matter, oh wait no, I was thinking Arkansas.. :)

Laugh all you want! We here in Illinois have our share of web-toed, mutant inbreds! Believe me, I've met a couple of town-fuls of them. There is a town in Southern Illinois (yes, I know the proximity to Kentucky explains a lot)that until 5 or 6 years ago boasted all of 3 family lineages. Think of the inbreeding! And then some grad student noticed the high rate of birth defects and still borns in the county and researched it thinking there must be a toxic waste site contaminating the water.

Made me a proud resident of the state. But then again, I was born and raised in the Windy City. My neighborhood had a four tooth minimum requirement on new home purchasers.

On a serious note to the original poster:
If the two of you are going to be together in the future, you CANNOT have both kids in the same household. Ever. I would strongly recommend, however, that you don't marry. Any of you. You all need to stop, think and get counseling. There is a serious problem when the teen children could get into this mess to begin with. And it gives me great pause that given the circumstances, the two of you are still thinking of what YOU want for YOUR lives. That may have been the problem from the start. I'm sorry if that seems harsh, but, you can search on my screen name and find out that I have VERY strong opinions on putting the responsibilities, duties and obligations of parenthood first. And as an parent, if that means you must put your own dreams or desires on hold - too bad. That is part of the definition of being a parent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">