• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modification of Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gardener

Facts
divorced 1992
awarded $150. month cs for mother, child was with her.

Age 10, child was to go live with father, mother was to start paying $150.

mother & father agreed to no cs between them, verbal agreement

Mother was working, had car wreck, child was 11, father asked mother to get for child whatever father requested

father remarried, wife wanted money

Mother working putting money in bank in savings account in son's name.

Mother has wreck, lost job, got stuck with car pymts for totalled car and medical bills. Head injury that will never allow mother to go back to her profession.

wife was mentally, verbally, and physically abusing child

mother started a suit to change custody, while working with DHR to get the abuse to stop. Son wanted to remain in home due to having a younger brother there if the abuse would stop.

Mother's intension was to stop abuse by bringing all these athorities in. Mother never intended to remove child from home unless necessary.

Court took over a year and by that time all the abuse had stopped. Mother agreed to child staying in the father's home. Judge said with $40 a month income, mother wasn't to pay child support and ordered father's lawyer to draw the paperwork up.

Lawyer did not put anything in paperwork to indicate this.

Fact was brought to mother's lawyer and the lawyer was to file papers with the courts to correct this and the mother requested a modification of cs at that time. Mother's lawyer failed to do this.

Due to lawyer failing to do his job, mother was arrested for criminal non support. The lawyer told the judge the mother plead guilty, lawyer and mother had never discussed guilty. Lawyer said it was a plan to get it into a higher court and "rip them apart". Mother was shocked and sentenced to 2 yr in jail and told to pay $13,000.

Mother borrowed $2500 to hire another attorney from her parents.

2nd lawyer settled case, threw out charges, made deal with DA's office to pay $1800. in back child support at $75.00 month plus $150. on the original divorce papers in 1992.
1st lawyer told 2nd lawyer that he wasn't a civil lawyer, he was a criminal lawyer and backed up all I had said as being the truth.

Mother currently making $160. month

Mother can't possibly meet obligation, was told to file a modification with evidence of income and ask the courts to modify the order.

Mother has package of evidence ready but doesn't even know how to put the letter together to the judge that explains what the evidence is for.

Mother knows how to file paperwork but hasn't a clue as how to word the letter to the judge.

Mother has to do this on her own because at $160. a month she can not afford a lawyer.

My question is, is there somewhere I can go online to get an idea of how to put this letter together? I need to get this done by Tuesday Sept 5th, 2000 and get it filed with the courts or I can be arrested again.

Thank you for your time and efforts.

S

state???

if you don't put the state you live in, no one can really help you... so where are you, and where are the other people involved??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">