• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mom #1 vs mom #2 child supports

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Eneida

I am Mom #1. I have one child with a c.s. order of $250 m from 1989. Mom #2 has 2 children with a c.s. order of $1400 m from 2000. When AP started payments to mom #2, he stopped paying mom#1. So, now I am trying to get enforcement(and modification because he obviously is earning more)Do I shoot myself now because the court will take the order for $1400 m as a deduction from his income? Or does the court look at the first born as fist served? I live in LA, he lives in FL

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eneida:
I am Mom #1. I have one child with a c.s. order of $250 m from 1989. Mom #2 has 2 children with a c.s. order of $1400 m from 2000. When AP started payments to mom #2, he stopped paying mom#1. So, now I am trying to get enforcement(and modification because he obviously is earning more)Do I shoot myself now because the court will take the order for $1400 m as a deduction from his income? Or does the court look at the first born as fist served? I live in LA, he lives in FL<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They will take into account the cs order with mom#2. Although if he is paying 1400 a month then he can afford more than 250 to you..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">