• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

More Child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kailyn

My exwife is taking me back to court for more child support for 17 yr old. He lives in state of Missouri. It's for help with his car and insurance etc. Also wants money to help with college. The 17 yr old boy is also changing his name legally to step fathers last name. I now make about $2-3 more and hr than when we were divored 6 yrs old. What recourse do I have?

LegalBeagle

All you can do is provide your financial affidavit and let a judge decide. They will take into account both sides, the needs of the child etc.. generally, the fact the child wants a car, auto insurance etc will not always figure in the reasons for an increase.

Do you think the amount you pay now that was established when the child was 11 is ok to support a 17 year old ??

Personally, depending on your finances.. I would tell her to forget the petition and pay extra anyway.. or give him money direct for the car and insurance etc..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">