• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mother took child out of state w/o court order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

florence

Ex wife has custody of our daughter & i have visitation. Custody papers do not allow her to leave state. She did anyway & i could not find her. Ex's mother was forwarding child support checks to her. I have finally found her, but so much time has passed, what can i do? I continued support payments entire time. HELP?

I

I understand

I am not sure about your situation. I do know that my husband's ex told him that she was staying with her mother. But she actually lives elsewhere. He found out where she lived and when he started to come to the house where she actually lived, she moved again. It also says in their papers that the address and phone number should be given to each parent. She obviuosly was not doing that,but that was okay. I'm sorry to say that unless you can find her to prove she has moved, not much was done in our case.

W

wdm3656

Depending what state you live in that has jurisdiction you should be able to charge her with kidnapping and she could lose custody for violating your agreement. My heart goes out to you. If you have proof that she left illegally, you should be able to notify the court and they will take action against her.

N

nowrel2trn

Try going to the post office where she used to live. If shes having mail forwarded she should have filled out a form. They may not let you see the form but they can tell you if there is one there or not . Ask how long they keep them on file. Head to an attorney. perhaps he can supeanea(sp)the document and there you have your proof.GOOD LUCK.

P

paula2

Try going to your child advocate office, our tax dollars pay for this, and there is no charge to you. But, it's important that you have her current address for them. They can issue a warrent for her arrest as well as contact the local authorities and child advocate office where she is living. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">