• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MOVING FROM N.J. TO PA. WITH CHILDREN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TJDALLO2000

ME AND MY FIANCE ARE MOVING TO PENNSYLVANIA FRON NEW JERSEY ABOUT 70 MILES AWAY AND THE FATHER OF ONE OF HER CHILDREN SAYS HE WILL NOT LET US GO.HE GETS TO SEE HER EVERY SUNDAY AND WE WILL BRING HER TO HIM AND GET HER AT THE END OF THE DAY AS USUAL SO HE DOES NOT HAVE TO TRAVEL.WE ARE MOVING FOR THE BETTER OF OUR FAMILY, TO GET OUT OF A BAD ENVIORNMENT AND INTO A HOUSE INSTEAD OF AN APARTMENT. IS THERE ANY WAY HE CAN STOP US? RIGHT NOW THERE IS NO COURT ORDER ON VISITATION.

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TJDALLO2000:
ME AND MY FIANCE ARE MOVING TO PENNSYLVANIA FRON NEW JERSEY ABOUT 70 MILES AWAY AND THE FATHER OF ONE OF HER CHILDREN SAYS HE WILL NOT LET US GO.HE GETS TO SEE HER EVERY SUNDAY AND WE WILL BRING HER TO HIM AND GET HER AT THE END OF THE DAY AS USUAL SO HE DOES NOT HAVE TO TRAVEL.WE ARE MOVING FOR THE BETTER OF OUR FAMILY, TO GET OUT OF A BAD ENVIORNMENT AND INTO A HOUSE INSTEAD OF AN APARTMENT. IS THERE ANY WAY HE CAN STOP US? RIGHT NOW THERE IS NO COURT ORDER ON VISITATION. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there a court order on custody ?

Anyway, all she has to do is send him a letter informing him of the move at least 30 days before that date. It is then up to him to petition the courts to stop you. Can he ? probably not, but you may have to pay travel costs and visitation will probably be established.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">