• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my dad is in jail...how does my mum get child support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

april lynn

my mother and father were divorced when i was 2. my father is now in jail...and he has never paid any child support, let alone try to see me. i am 16 now and he has been in jail for 7 or 8 years and when he gets out i will be 23. my mother did take him to court for child support, but he never showed. how can my mother get child support money since he is in jail? and what about when he gets out of jail? can she get back child support money? Thanks For Answering, April
p.s. i live in pennsylvania

[This message has been edited by april lynn (edited October 20, 2000).]

he also has 2 other children...one that is about 23 now that he denies ever having, and a little 8 year old girl that he writes to alot. will he have to pay them child support money too? and will that take away from the money my mum should get?

[This message has been edited by april lynn (edited October 20, 2000).]

LegalBeagle

Providing there is a Court Order in place, she can hound him until his dying day for that money.. and then sue his estate for the rest if he does depart our lovely world prior to full payment.

While in prison, all she can do is apply for state aid. Which will make things worse for him as he will have to repay at LEAST 50% of that one day.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">