• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MY SON VISITS DAD...I GET A LETTER STATING HE WANTS CUSTODY!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

M_Blach

ok...this is difficult to explain but I am going to do the best that I can..I am a single mom of two little boys. I was living with my then boyfriend in Wisconsin (HE IS NOT THE FATHER OF EITHER OF THE BOYS)He became very tempermenteal and I was scared to have my boys there. I asked my youngest sons father if he could take care of the baby while I figured out what to do and where to go. He gladly said yes if I would send him over his child support checks that are issued to me so he could use them for the baby. I agreed and off the baby went and I went to Illinois to visit my mom so i could figure out what I was going to do for me and my boys. As for my oldest he is in temperary placement of his fathers mother becasue he has a learning disability and he can get free help because of him living on the Indian reservation in Lac Du Flambeau, WI and being Native American so I have no problems with that situtation (we had a lawyer help us with that). I AS for the baby....he came to visit me last week for 10 days adn my dad gave me an evelope from the babys dad. To my surprise it was a letter from the courts that the dad wants custody of the baby. I AM TERRIFIED!!! I called the Vilas county court house and asked what was going on. Well they are making it seem that it is my fault that becuase I wanted to save my boys that means I am on the trail of desertion. I WOULD NOT DESERT MY BOYS!!!! I was also told that becuase my oldest is in placement with his grandmother that will look bad in court saying that I cant care for my children so I gave them up. THATS NOT TRUE!! My ex the one that is mentioned in the beging of this is telling the babys dad that I was abusive to my boys. My oldests grandmother mentioned this to me because she was questiond by the the babys dads girlfriends sister. The sister was asking questions to the grandmother on why she had custody and was I a good mom and that did she know I was abusive to them adn that she heard that from my ex. The grandmother wouldnt say a word to her becuase it was not of her business. I jsut need to know what to do becaue I dont want to lose my baby!!! If there is any advice please let me know.... thank you so much!! [email protected]

LegalBeagle

Do you have the baby today ?? Is there any court orders in place ? Was anything drawn up for the transfer of custody to him ??

Why did you not just take your baby to your mothers with you ?

M

M_Blach

because I am not to leave the state of wisconsin permantely with the baby unless I have a court order..it was my understanding the baby was in good hands and the father knew I was going to Il. and I would return with to Wisconsin....that is why I dont have the baby..the dad doenst want the bay to live here so he said he would watch him until I returned..I visit my son adn everything...so you tell me?? <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LegalBeagle:
Do you have the baby today ?? Is there any court orders in place ? Was anything drawn up for the transfer of custody to him ??

Why did you not just take your baby to your mothers with you ?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LegalBeagle

I need the 3 questions I asked answered if you can.. also, what court order was stopping you from leaving Wisconsin ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">