• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

name change for big boys

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wink411509

My sons are 18 and 20 years old. Now, old enough not to have to ask their dad for permission to have their name changed to my maiden name. My trip to KC, Missouri Law Libray left me confused, because the "petition for name change" packett had forms for only minor's. What form or form number do they need, big boy?

W

wink411509

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE:

My response:

Those "packets" are specifically geared toward children because, at a young age, that's usually when name changes are made. Oh, and by the way. The boys, nor you, never needed Dad's "permission" for this. You could have changed their name years ago, all on your own.

Anyway, the "adult" name change forms are at the courthouse. However, laws are different for adults, so go to your nearest bookstore and pick up a "how to" book from their legal section.

Thanks for reminding me to go cruising on Van Nuys Boulevard tonight, and pickin' me up a . . .
BOB'S BIG BOY HAMBURGER,

IAAL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, well, thanks for the good information IAAL. Even when we get older we can still learn from books. You're better'n a double cheeseburger... ;)

W

wink411509

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE:

My response:

Those "packets" are specifically geared toward children because, at a young age, that's usually when name changes are made. Oh, and by the way. The boys, nor you, never needed Dad's "permission" for this. You could have changed their name years ago, all on your own.

Anyway, the "adult" name change forms are at the courthouse. However, laws are different for adults, so go to your nearest bookstore and pick up a "how to" book from their legal section.

Thanks for reminding me to go cruising on Van Nuys Boulevard tonight, and pickin' me up a . . .
BOB'S BIG BOY HAMBURGER,

IAAL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, well, thanks for the good information IAAL. Even when we get older we can still learn from books. You're better'n a double cheeseburger... ;)

W

wink411509

My response:

BOB'S BIG BOY HAMBURGER,

IAAL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">